The title says it all, doesn’t it?
Just wanted to share some updates on the potting shed project. Slowly but surely it’s going through it’s transformation.
I originally wanted to put a Dutch style door in the shed.
But while going through my door stash in the garage I came upon this old 15 light door.
Aha, perfect match with the windows!
It just needed to be cut down a few inches, as it was a bit tall for the opening.
Then I had to add some 2x4’s to make the opening narrower and attach the door hinges.
I’ll add some door stop later on.
Next on the agenda;
I hate the original siding on this shed.
Our house has clapboard siding so I decided to go with that.
I had some salvaged pieces I have been collecting for just this type of project.
You can see I don’t have a lot, and what I do have is from 3 different houses so the sizes are different.
I figure there is enough to do the big side and the door side. They show the most anyway.
My nailer makes this job go a lot easier than I had thought it would be..
Before too long I have the big side completed!
Now for around the door. I framed the door with some salvaged door trim first.
Then I added siding. I had to rip a couple inches off the bottom of these pieces, they were taller than the others.
The peak was a bit tricky to cut.
It looks pretty ugly with all the different paint colors going on.
But it sure looks better than it used to!
Next up I get to scrape and prime everything.
But that will be another day.
Just because I love the difference it makes, here’s a couple before shots to compare to.
Big side before…..
And big side after…..
Door side before…
And door side after….
It’s actually starting to look like it belongs with our house!
(even down to the clutter)
It won’t be too long now before I get to tackle the inside.