planter together from some salvaged concrete siding blocks I had been saving for just this purpose. (only took me 2 years to get around to doing it, yikes!)
That was one big pile!
Last week I shopped around for some clearance perennials to plant in it. I also moved some plants from my yard. It’s a partially sunny location so I mixed some shade plants in with some sun lovers, we’ll see what likes that space better. I’m not a very good gardener, my basic theory is survival of the fittest. Hopefully the weeds don’t win.
This area is adjacent to the Outdoor Kitchen patio, so I wanted to bring some additional color into it to tie it in somehow..
These hubcaps were curbside finds I painted with some red spray-paint. I love the wheel shape and intended to attach them to the fence. I think I like them on the ground for now though since it’ll take some time for the plants to fill in the space.
Not sure if I’ll keep them there, they make Mike cringe a little. Maybe if I glue a round mirror to the middle it will make them look less, well, um, hubcappy for lack of a better word.
He can’t complain too much, since it’s a whole lot better than what this area looked like before I started…..
The old brick bbq is still there and will be dismantled soon and the bricks re-used elsewhere. The shed still needs to have a new door made for it before winter comes. I threw the old one away when we moved it, it was in bad shape!
I’ve got grand plans for that shed…..but not this year. Too much to do, too little time. You know the story.
The kitchen reveal is coming soon, this is just one small step in the process of getting ready….
But I did take some photos of it yesterday!
I was a busy girl this weekend! ;)